Sunday, November 18, 2012

Side Trips

We took our first side trip to Tarpon Springs.  This place is known for it's thriving Greek culture and sponge diving.



They have all types and sizes of sponges.  These were two that caught my eye.
 

 
There were many old boats around the town but this one looked like it could down at
any minute.


This statue was small but told the story of the town and how they make their money.  We also ate at a wonderful restaurant called Hellas.  Not only was our server great but I had a gyro and Bill had grouper that were fantastic. We could not resist dessert so I had baklava (the best ever) and Bill had tiramisu. 


And this sign just made me smile.  Some day my grandbaby will be photographed
like this. 

 
Because I take some pictures with my phone, I forget to post them.  I found this one of a good looking man and thought I would add him to the blog.


We also went to visit Uncle Fred and Aunt Charlene.  She gets to take the neck brace off when she eats so I took these pictures right after dinner. We are praying that the bone would repair quickly so she can get rid of the brace.

 

 

These two bring true meaning to "in sickness and in health".  I think its their love for each other and their faith in God that gets them through.  Love you both!!
 
 
 
So this is our first side trip.  We hope to get a couple more in before we leave.
 
Stay warm!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment