Friday, May 16, 2014

Stayed with the cows

This was our first stay with a Harvest Host
What a blast!!
We stayed here and were hosted by Tim Pedrozo at his family owned dairy farm
Tim was kind enough to let me hang around for the automated milking and showed us the whole cheese making process, including a sample.


The girls



The milking room

Tim showing us the process

After press

In the brine

Aging to perfection

Clean up the the milking floor
One happy kitty

Yes his eyes were that blue
 I also got to witness the making of a calf when there is no daddy.  Yes folks I got to see artificial insemination in person.  I did not get too close because I was not dressed for the occasion.  That act will be burned in my mind for awhile.

Needless to say the cheeses are wonderful.  We bought four different kinds and they are all great, but my favorite is the truffle infused cheese.  Oh my!

Thanks for the hospitality!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment