Friday, May 16, 2014

Two More FamCamps

We have added two FamCamps to our list.
 
Fairways is located near Oxnard, CA.  We did a little sightseeing while we were here and it was worth it.   We drove to Point Mugu, CA and it was beautiful.  On this day and the waves were rolling and the sand was blowing.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

We moved onto Camp Roberts in Paso Robles, CA.  This old base has so much history and it's the first place I got busted for taking pictures.  Yes me!  I was getting back into my car when a a man in uniform pulled up next to me and asked if I had permission to take pictures on base.  I said, "no sir I don't but if you would like I can delete what I have shot right now".  He said, "no but don't take any more photos".  I asked him about the history of the old buildings and learned that the WWII solders were sent here before battle and the brought back here after the war.  I wish we would have had time to tour the museum I am sure there is a lot more information there.
 
 
This is the WWII housing that is still standing. 



 
 We have really enjoyed the FamCamps and there are more to show you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment