Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 27, 2014 Whitehorse

All these towns that were involved in the gold rush are filled with so much history. 
I have learned so much about the gold rush and the building of the highway.  Being up here and seeing the places where the men camped while building the highway or the homes of people who inspired Robert Service.  When I was little my dad would read me these poems that now come to life. 
Whitehorse has been one of those towns I would love to stay in a little longer.

More wildlife

June 27th-July 3rd 2014
Adäka Cultural Festival
This was a fantast event complete with food and first
nations people creating and showing their crafts.

The cabin of the man who inspired "The Cremation of Sam McGee"


 
 Out to dinner with friends


 
Tour of the SS Klondike

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment