Monday, April 13, 2015

April 9-10, 2015 Yosemite National Park


Yosemite was full of beauty and history.  I am not sure of the order to post the photos and like the Grand Canyon blog, I will try not to over load you with photos.  For the record I took a lot of pictures. 
On the way to Yosemite



Entering Yosemite.  See the snow?






I found John Muir to be very interesting.  
I am currently reading a book about his trip to Alaska.  
He was a very expressive writer.



















Now onto Half Dome.  I actually spoke to a young man who climbed the chain walk way up to the top.  He said I could do it in a day.  He was very kind.

The carving in the for ground and half dome in the background


















And this is El Capitan.

 


The waterfalls here are huge.




Then there are the random photos.
Little tree




Would love to have this house


Flying down the road

Our stay could have been a couple of days longer.
We will put this one back on the list.



Next stop Carson City!

No comments:

Post a Comment