Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 15 - 19, 2016 Andrews AFB

Washington D.C.

We made another trip back to Washington, D.C. to do see some different sights.  We could probably spend a month here and not see everything.  

A view from the drive

Great Museum



We are at the CUBA Libre.  We should have gone
back a second time because it was that good.






Navy Memorial

On our second day we did a Old Town Trolley Tour.  These tours are the best way to see the city.  We try to find one in every town we stay.

Union Station
So the tour guide said originally these statues had their "man hood" showing.
The shields were put in place to cover those parts. 







Pictures from the National Cathedral 










They were having a Roaring 20''s party on the lawn of the cathedral.
None of my people pictures turned out great but I like these. 


 We got an awesome restaurant tip all the way from Nepal.  When Susan, one of Bill's past students, seen we were in DC she told us to try Peking Gourmet Inn.  This restaurant was in a strip mall.  They had a line out the door.  I thought we would never get in.  I put my name on the list and our wait was about 10 minutes.  I had never had Peking duck before.  I will have it again, but I don't know if it will be this good.






So now we are in Roanoke, VA setting at a Cummins shop.  I thought I heard a knock in the engine.  Bill couldn't hear it but he thought the power was low so I set up an appointment for service.   When we left Monday morning I didn't hear the knock but the power was still off.  We were 104 miles from our destination and the "SHUT OFF THE ENGINE"  alarm went off.  Bill pulled off and we let it cool down.  I drove the next leg, all of 1/16 of a mile and the same alarm went off.  We pulled off in a little park and got towed to our destination.  We are waiting to be diagnosed.





 Next stop, the Habitat Build!!
We wont miss it this year.

Most of the pictures were taken with a new Fuji point and shoot.  
I felt naked without my 35 but it sure is a lot lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment