Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 18-20, 2016 Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls

This is another one of my favorite places, me an a bazillion other people.  Bill said it reminded him of Disney World.  I thought it was beautiful and could have stayed and watched them all day and night.

We hung out on the American side during the day and went to the Canadian side at night.

























This also caught my eye on the drive home.  Beautiful.

 FOOD
You know there was food.  There is always food.
Schwabl's Restaurant for a beef on weck.  It was so good I forgot to photograph the sandwich.  Bill had the hot wing soup with blue cheese crumbles.  I had a taste and it was great.





 Then we had to try the Niagara Falls Culinary School.  They did not let us down. 







That's a duck egg on Bill's short ribs!!

 We also found a Irish pub on the Canadian side of the falls.  Doc Magilligans is a place you don't want to miss.  They have original decor and original dishes along with some normal menu items.


Beef and Mushroom Boxty


  
















Next we are off to Auburn, NY to meet up  with an old friend of Bill's then to Bill's old stomping ground the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park.



On a Sad Note
Heaven got 2 beautiful angles this week.  This is Bill's cousin Kenny.  He always gave the best hugs and had such a great sense of humor.  He was one special guy.  We will miss him so much.



The other angle is my aunt Jeanne.  I got to visit with her before she passed.  I haven't seen her in forever and when I told her who I was she looked at me with her beautiful eyes and said, " yep your right".  We giggled and talked about food, chicken livers to be exact.  


Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.-Michael J. Fox

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your relatives. Niagara is awesome--I agree. But I never found awesome restaurants like you two do.

    ReplyDelete