Friday, May 12, 2017

May 8-11, 2017 Missoula, MT


Get Ready for Photo Overload!
So we took the long two hour drive from Spokane, WA to Missoula, MT.  
We followed the advice of a local and headed to 
Matter of fact this same person gave us leads for the next two days.
To say the food is good is an understatement.
I ate most of the pancakes and about half the ham.  
It was a great start to the day.


We really wanted to see some wildlife and the National Bison Range 
was perfect.
You drive through in your car and the wildlife roam free.  




I really liked the sign.






Needless to say they have more than bison here.




 I tried to get some close up shots so 
you could see their eyes.  Bill wouldn't let
me get out of the car.



 Don't wake a sleeping bison



 Snow on the mountain tops


So what kind of wicked ground critter 
makes this web?  I am guessing it must 
be some type of spider.

 I thought this broken tree looked
like a dragon.

 Turtle pile 

 This train was going away from us fast.
That is why I shot the dash

 This is an animal bridge.
Keeping the wildlife safe.

We love the ghost towns!
This is Garnet, Montana.
In the 1860's gold was found on Bear Creek and in 1865 another strike was made further north in Bear Gulch.  The miners worked their way further north into the Garnet Range where a 32 ounce nugget was found on Bilk Creek. Garnet was named for the semi-precious stone found in the area.








The Jail before and after reiteration 





These three pictures are from the J.K. Wells Hotel
I took the pictures through the old glass windows. 



Click the Missoula link for more information on the town,
their dragon carousel and Brennan's Wave.




This white water is in the city and it is man made.




What a great town!






I am a little behind in my updates.
Right now we are in Helena, MT.  Tomorrow we
will take another long 3 hour dive to West Yellowstone.
I will try to get the pictures from Helena posted tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment