Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 16-17, 2017 Yellowstone III


This is how we started are day.

Our destination was the Grand Canyon of 
the Yellowstone.  Since I love the Grand Canyon
we had to make our way here.

I wonder who lived here?






The color of the stone reminds me
of the Grand Canyon

We made a stop so I could shoot the snow and
I spotted these little workers



I was so glad Bill was driving.
I am screaming STOP because I seen this
Lucky we had room to pull off.  Still almost
got clipped by a "driver" following too close.



 Beautiful!

This is Fire Hole is a 40 ft. water fall in 
800 ft. thick lava flows.

Bill said they looked like the 
hoodoo's we seen in Utah.

This could have been a stream
in a fairy garden.






Kepler Cascades was beautiful
with so many different views.



Then we walked outside and found this.
Glad we kept the ice scrapper.

We went into the park today because
I wanted a picture of a bison in snow.
I forgot the the auto focus likes to focus on the snow better
than the subject.

 I really thought this would be my only
bison in snow.  So glad I was wrong.

We drove for awhile and it
kept snowing.

 And we found these guys & gals!









 Which resulted in this view going down the road.


We bought a small electric heater for the front of the coach to help reduce our 
propane use.  I now understand why people with RV's love their electric fire places.

Friday is supposed to be nice again so we are planning a 
trip to the Grand Tetons.

A special thank you to everyone who has helped me identify 
the critters in some of my shots. Makes me so happy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment